If you’re a talented writer, a creative thinker and you’re blessed with a persuasive personality, you might well want to consider consumer PR jobs. There are several sectors within consumer PR to consider – travel and tourism, FMCG, health and beauty, food and drink, property, tech, luxury, lifestyle, hospitality, fashion, entertainment, sport and more besides!
What’s involved in consumer PR jobs?
- No matter the sector you work in, you’ll be tapped in to any relevant news
- Keeping an eye on any news specifically about your clients
- Helping your team come up with ideas for how to sell your clients’ products
- Writing press releases
- Contacting journalists to “sell-in” your press releases and other stories about your clients
- Helping to develop strategic PR campaigns – this might include media relations, social media, video, events etc.
- Building relationships with existing clients and staying on the lookout for potential new business
- Helping to pitch for new business
What skills are required for consumer PR jobs?
- Top notch communication skills, written and oral
- In depth knowledge of both your chosen market and the news in general
- Ability to spot opportunities to sell your clients’ stories / products
- Relevant journalist contacts
- Excellent presentation skills
- A persuasive personality and the ability to sell a story
- Ability to manage your clients and team
If you’d like to find out more, call us on 020 7359 8244 or send your CV to [email protected]