Media Contacts Ltd
Do you enjoy autonomy in your role? Are you motivated by being able to get creative with new ideas and seeing them through to fruition?
We’re working with a growing consumer media title that, over the past 15 years, has built a steady subscriber base and established a great brand in the industry and intends to scale this. Having made two key, award-winning, senior hires in 2022 (including one of the most influential figures in the media industry), they’re ready to grow. Could you be a part of this?
They’re looking for a Head of Marketing to take strategic control of all aspects of marketing as they undergo a significant digital transformation and growth plan. You’ll have a great sense of autonomy in the role and so they are looking for strong experience in growing and engaging with a paid subscriber base and the roll out of new products. Having acquired a new, best-in-class technology, the marketing team are currently implementing and optimising this to help achieve their goals.
Excellent digital marketing skills are essential, as the company is focused on using the latest techniques and being a leader in the industry.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Marketing:
- Working closely with the CEO to create marketing strategies to profitably grow audiences
- Taking charge of all marketing activities such as paid marketing across digital and offline channels (especially search and social) and owned audience marketing (podcasts, newsletters, web and app)
- Manging, developing and motivating a small marketing team
- Managing an external marketing agency
- Working in synergy with other teams across product development, sales and events
- Keeping abreast of and utilising emerging platforms, technologies and marketing opportunities
The successful candidate will display:
- Strong experience at a managerial level in marketing, with both strategic nous and the ability to be hands on. Priority will be given to those with a background in audience growth in a paid subscription environment
- Excellent digital marketing skills, as the role has a greater weighting to digital than offline
- A desire to effect change – the company is going through significant transformation through investment and key senior hires, giving the opportunity to make a real difference
- Experience of working closely with third-party vendors and suppliers, preferably including agency management
- Having worked with paywalls/ website messaging technology would be ideal
- Any exposure to marketing technology such as Piano or Zephyr would be advantageous although not essential