Dear Aunty Recruiter
I really want to keep my employees happy but my finance director has put a lock down on salary increases for the foreseeable. What can I do?
Worried Manager, Wigan
Dear Worried Manager
You will be relieved to hear that money is seldom the key driver that makes some one leave or remain in a job. Don’t underestimate the power of:-
- The people. It is almost always all about the people. Only hire people are talented AND nice. Not either/or, but both. Always.
- Rewarding good work with time off. A day, even an hour or two, off can mean so much.
- Giving praise and showing appreciation regularly and generously.
- Holding team events, competitions and doing charity work together.
- Offering plenty of training and opportunities for career and personal development.
- Making sure your benefits and pension packages are competitive.
Hope that answers your question! – Julia Walton
If you have any more questions for our consultants to answer, please send them to [email protected].