Media Contacts Ltd
This is an opportunity with one of the most exciting full-service healthcare communications agencies on the planet. With unrivalled in-house resources and a hugely impressive history you will be joining an organisation where your professional career can accelerate rapidly. As a Medical Writer you will be working across several therapy areas to create an incredibly varied range of materials. Naturally your work will be of the highest quality, scientifically accurate and aligned to the relevant brand.
Your work will primarily be focused on medical education / communications however due to the integrated nature of the agency you will be able to challenge yourself to leverage the creative capabilities from the advertising side of the business to drive better outcomes for HCPs & patients.
- A global healthcare communications and innovation company, consistently looking to create new answers to health’s biggest challenges
- Well established: 20-year history of collaboration and innovation delivering commercial, clinical and corporate solutions for pharmaceutical and healthcare clients
- Unrivalled expertise with teams including health economists, data scientists, paid media experts, medical writers to name a few.
- Multi award-winning agency on an individual as well as company basis.
The Medical Writer’s Responsibilities:
- Producing a range of deliverables and document such as simple manuscripts, posters, abstracts, slide decks, websites, training programmes, advisory board reports etc
- You will be able to adapt your writing style and tone to suit different audiences
- Understand and adhere to the ABPI code of conduct under guidance of the senior team and following training
- Demonstrate understanding of brand strategic objectives in work
- Adherence to project schedules, budgets and briefs
- Able to step confidently into therapeutic areas not previously worked in
- Leads scientific discussion with clients and external experts as appropriate to capture
- Can explain the science to non-scientific colleagues
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in a medical writing role within an agency environment
- Educated to at least Master’s degree level in life sciences, medicine, pharmacy or a related discipline. A PhD would be an advantage, but is not essential
- A good understanding of the clinical trials process
- Proven ability to work under pressure as business needs arise
- Excellent written English (vocabulary and grammar), with good attention to detail