Media Contacts Ltd
We are a leading recruitment consultancy for the media industry, established over thirty years ago. We have an unrivalled reputation for the quality of our work and delivering on expectations, no matter what the market throws at us and a large and loyal candidate and client base.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join the team. You might be coming from a recruitment background or have experience in another sales or business development role.
We have ambitious growth plans for the next 3-4 years, with the aim of growing to over 30 staff, so it is an exciting time to join the business with options to grow your own team over time or manage a team of existing junior staff (dependent on experience). We have very strong relationships in the industries we recruit in and there is opportunity to leverage these as well as building up your own niche. We prize strong candidate and client relationships and expect our consultants to spend a substantial amount of time out of the office at in person meetings and networking events.
Our Managing Director, Divisional Manager and our top biller all joined straight from university, showing what can be achieved!
The Senior Recruitment Consultant’s Job:
Our PR & Comms team is currently made up of three consultants and a healthy book of business. We have a long history recruiting for the sector so there are lots of strong client relationships and also a lot of lapsed clients that would mean a significant number of warm leads for a new team member to pick up on. Clients are extremely varied, made up of FTSE100 companies to boutique startups with sectors ranging from B2B technology to luxury travel.
As the Senior Recruitment Consultant Lead for PR & Comms you will:
- Establish yourself as the go-to recruiter in your sector for both candidates and PR clients
- Manage the full 360 recruitment process providing best in class service
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients and industry leaders in the UK & U.S PR sector Consistently network with clients and candidates, in-person as well as over the phone
- Help mentor more junior team members, working collaboratively and supporting success across the wider business
- Growing your desk and book of business, both through growth of current accounts and new business activity
- Track record of exceeding financial targets in a recruitment agency setting (PR & comms experience desired but not essential)
- Ability to hold detailed client conversations and with confidence
- Confident in interviewing candidates working at C-suite and Board level positions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience of driving business growth (inc. growth in existing accounts and gaining new clients)
- Confident in sourcing & pitching for new business
Culturally we are a progressive, inclusive employer and we pride ourselves on our commitment to an ethical, professional approach. We blend hard work with fun and operate as a meritocratic, supportive company.
We offer lots of social opportunities & incentives for our teams. For example, our PR team recently were out at Mama Mia (the party!) with a healthy drinks budget, while our Media team went out for a fancy meal and onto a cricket simulator bar. We are a largely office-based culture, generally working 4 days in our Islington office and 1 day from home.
If you’d like to learn more don’t hesitate to get in touch.