So summer’s over, you are back at work with a fading tan, feeling gloomy as the nights draw in. This can make getting out of bed to get to work the morning harder. Don’t worry, you’re not the only one and we completely feel your pain! We have come up with a list of ways that you can use to stay upbeat at work this autumn.
- Book next year’s holiday – Give yourself something to look forward to by booking next year’s holiday early. You can bag the dates you want before your colleagues and get the best travel deals by booking early.
- Give yourself a winter break – You don’t have to wait a whole year to have another holiday, why not give yourself a treat this winter and escape to a log cabin for a long weekend?
- Reassess your job – It might not be the weather that’s the only thing getting you down, maybe it’s your job that’s the problem. You may need to look at your current employment situation and ask yourself if you’re achieving everything you want to. If you find that it is your job getting you down, you’ve raised the subject with your boss and had no joy, now is the perfect time to job hunt. If you leave it until January a lot of the best jobs will have been filled already and the competition will be stiffer.
- Exercise – Get outside for a walk or a run through the autumn leaves and feel those exercise induced endorphins kick in. It’s amazing the difference it makes, keeping you cheerful even whilst sitting in yet another meeting.
- Get inspired – Hopefully you already have an inspirational boss at work, but you can also find inspiration elsewhere. It can be easy to slow down when the winter months hit, so to ensure you don’t stop altogether, make a list of things that inspire you or things you want to achieve. You might also include searching for people who inspire you professionally on sites such as LinkedIn, to see how they got to where they are now and read their success stories online.