October 10th this year marks Mental Health Day – a topic that is more relevant than ever.
The Mental Health Foundation, who are promoting the day as a time to reflect on our own practices as well as how we can best support others, have put together a handy list of tips on ways to improve your mental health that are backed by research.
We’ll summarise them for you below:
- Get closer to nature
- Learn to understand and manage your feelings
- Talk to someone you trust for support
- Be aware of using drugs and/or alcohol to cope with difficult feelings
- Try to make the most of your money and get help with problem debt
- Get more from your sleep
- Be kind and help create a better world
- Keep moving
- Eat healthy food
- Be curious and open-minded to new experiences
- Plan things to look forward to
Find more resources from the Mental Health Foundation here.